sábado, 16 de febrero de 2008
Oh me! Oh Life!, W. Whitman.-
Oh Me! Oh Life!

Oh me! Oh life! Of the
questions of these
recurring.

Of the endless
train of the faithless.
Of the cities filled
with the foolish.

Of myself forever
reproaching myself,
for who more foolish
than I, and who more faithless.

Of eyes that vainly
crave the light of
objects mean. Of
the struggle ever
renewed.

Of the poor results
of all. Of the plodding
and sordid crowds
I see around me.

Of the empty and
useless years of the
rest, with the rest
me intertwined.

Of the question,
oh me, so sad,
recurring.

What good amid
these, oh me,
oh life?

Answer: that you are
here, that life exists,
and identity.

That the powerful
play goes on, and
you may contribute
a verse.

Etiquetas:

posted by Florence at 22:29 -
About Me
Name: Florence
Home: Argentina
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie